Delhi govt to pay for 3 more subsidised LPG cylinders for poor
New Delhi: In a bid to provide relief to economically deprived families, Delhi government on Monday decided to help around 3.5 lakh beneficiaries of `Kerosene Free Dilli` scheme to purchase three more LPG cylinders at subsidised rates.
This move, decided at a meeting of the Delhi cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, will help these families to get three more cylinders on subsidised rate apart from the alloted six cylinders.
The city government would pay the difference between the market price and subsidised price for three cylinders, which would come around Rs 350 per cylinder, to these families.
The decision came three days after the Union Cabinet restricted the supply of cooking gas cylinders at subsidised prices to six per year for a family.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India