Delhi govt to pay for 3 more subsidised LPG cylinders for poor
New Delhi: In a bid to provide relief to economically deprived families, Delhi government on Monday decided to help around 3.5 lakh beneficiaries of `Kerosene Free Dilli` scheme to purchase three more LPG cylinders at subsidised rates.
This move, decided at a meeting of the Delhi cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, will help these families to get three more cylinders on subsidised rate apart from the alloted six cylinders.
The city government would pay the difference between the market price and subsidised price for three cylinders, which would come around Rs 350 per cylinder, to these families.
The decision came three days after the Union Cabinet restricted the supply of cooking gas cylinders at subsidised prices to six per year for a family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends