Delhi govt to pay for 3 more subsidised LPG cylinders for poor
New Delhi: In a bid to provide relief to economically deprived families, Delhi government on Monday decided to help around 3.5 lakh beneficiaries of `Kerosene Free Dilli` scheme to purchase three more LPG cylinders at subsidised rates.
This move, decided at a meeting of the Delhi cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, will help these families to get three more cylinders on subsidised rate apart from the alloted six cylinders.
The city government would pay the difference between the market price and subsidised price for three cylinders, which would come around Rs 350 per cylinder, to these families.
The decision came three days after the Union Cabinet restricted the supply of cooking gas cylinders at subsidised prices to six per year for a family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam