Delhi govt to soon start allotment of houses to slum dwellers
New Delhi: Delhi government will soon start
allotment process of 7,900 low-cost flats to slum dwellers in
the city under new norms aimed at avoiding a repeat of a
The Delhi Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit today gave approval for the allotment of the flats
under Rajiv Ratan Awas Yojna with stringent guidelines to
ensure that the benefits reach the genuine beneficiary.
The DSIIDC has constructed 7,900 flats at Bawana, Narela,
Bhorgarh, Gogha and Bapraula which are almost ready for
Following the DDA flats scam, the wary government has
decided to plug all loopholes and has made mandatory the name
of the slum dweller to figure in the joint bio-metric survey
conducted by Slum and JJ (jhuggi-jhopri) Department with
representatives of the concerned land owning agency.
"The dweller will be entitled for only one residential
flat even if he or she is occupying more than one flat.
However, no flat will be allotted if the jhuggi is used for
commercial purposes," a senior official said.
In order to enhance status of the women, it has been
decided to make the allotment jointly in the name of the
husband and wife with bio-metric details along with photos of
both. The flats will be allowed to be used only for
The JJ dweller should be in the voters` list as also
possess ration card issued on any date before December 31,
1998 or thereafter upto the date of survey, the official
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie