Delhi govt warns traders involved in black marketing autos
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Wednesday warned of strict action against people involved in black-marketing in sale of auto-rickshaws in the city.
Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami said his department will come down hard on those found involved in black-marketing of auto-rickshaws.
The warning came after officials of the transport department during searches found unclaimed auto-rickshaw chassis in many instances. Officials said no traders and those present in the market claim ownership of the auto-rickshaw chassis.
The officials videographed their inspection and declared the vehicles as unclaimed.
Warning the traders not to be involved in black-marketing in sale of auto-rickshaws, Goswami said government will take strict punitive action against the offenders.
"We will even file FIR and take other suitable action," he said.
The Delhi government had started the process of issuing 10,000 new permits for auto-rickshaws in September, almost a year after the Supreme Court allowed plying of more such vehicles in the city.
Last month, the government decided to issue permits for another 25,000 auto-rickshaws.
Goswami said government has received large number of complaints from the commuters against the Gramin Seva vehicles and suitable action would follow soon against the offenders.
The Transport Department has constituted 10 special teams to crackdown on erring drivers and owners of Gramin Seva vehicles which ply in rural areas.
Goswami said his department has issued show-cause notices to dealers of battery-operated rickshaws as government had banned their sale till such rickshaws are brought under the ambit of government regulation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’