Delhi govt`s ambitious water supply scheme under CBI scanner
New Delhi: Delhi government`s ambitious project to provide uninterrupted water supply has come under CBI scanner which has initiated three enquiries relating to tender terms allegedly favouring one of the bidders, a charge denied by Delhi Jal Board.
The agency has also registered another enquiry related to alleged irregularities in the quality testing of water supply meters purchased from an infrastructure major private company, CBI sources said on Thursday.
The CBI registered three separate Preliminary Enquiries with regards to public-private partnership project with a European firm for supplying uninterrupted water supply to Nangloi, Malviya Nagar and Mehrauli areas, they said.
CBI has alleged that tender conditions for uninterrupted water supply to these areas were "tailor-made" to suit one of the bidders, prompting the agency to start separate enquiry for each of these areas, they said.
"All the laid down procedures were followed. We followed a transparent process while deciding the bids. There has been no deviation in the process," DJB spokesperson said.
For the contract for Mehrauli project, the CBI has registered preliminary enquiry against unknown officials of Delhi Jal Board, SPML infra, Suez Environment, Veolia Water India Limited, Shiv Marwah and Associates and Jalakam Solutions.
When contacted, Shiv Marwah said he was not aware of the development.
The preliminary enquiry related to Malviya Nagar area is against unknown Delhi Jal Board officials, Suez Environment, SPML infra, Veolia Water India Limited, DRA consultants and Shah Technical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police