Delhi govt`s ambitious water supply scheme under CBI scanner
New Delhi: Delhi government`s ambitious project to provide uninterrupted water supply has come under CBI scanner which has initiated three enquiries relating to tender terms allegedly favouring one of the bidders, a charge denied by Delhi Jal Board.
The agency has also registered another enquiry related to alleged irregularities in the quality testing of water supply meters purchased from an infrastructure major private company, CBI sources said on Thursday.
The CBI registered three separate Preliminary Enquiries with regards to public-private partnership project with a European firm for supplying uninterrupted water supply to Nangloi, Malviya Nagar and Mehrauli areas, they said.
CBI has alleged that tender conditions for uninterrupted water supply to these areas were "tailor-made" to suit one of the bidders, prompting the agency to start separate enquiry for each of these areas, they said.
"All the laid down procedures were followed. We followed a transparent process while deciding the bids. There has been no deviation in the process," DJB spokesperson said.
For the contract for Mehrauli project, the CBI has registered preliminary enquiry against unknown officials of Delhi Jal Board, SPML infra, Suez Environment, Veolia Water India Limited, Shiv Marwah and Associates and Jalakam Solutions.
When contacted, Shiv Marwah said he was not aware of the development.
The preliminary enquiry related to Malviya Nagar area is against unknown Delhi Jal Board officials, Suez Environment, SPML infra, Veolia Water India Limited, DRA consultants and Shah Technical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information