Delhi-Gurgaon toll plaza row: parties tell HC about settlement
New Delhi: The NHAI, Delhi-Gurgaon Super Connectivity Ltd (DGSCL) and financier IDFC on Monday told the Delhi High Court about a settlement of the dispute over toll plazas at Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway.
The resolution of the dispute would pave the way for removal of the toll plaza at Sirhaul on the expressway.
The consent order, being finalized by the parties involved, would be submitted before the court tomorrow for its recording in judicial records, one of the lawyers told Justice Manmohan Singh.
The court had on February 12 granted a last opportunity to the parties to settle the dispute by today or be ready to argue their case. It has now fixed the hearing for tomorrow.
Earlier, senior advocate Harish Salve, appearing for Infrastructure Development Finance Company (IDFC), the lead financier for the toll project of DGSCL, and the counsel for National Highway Authorities (NHAI) had said there was no scope left for the settlement.
They had sought further hearing in the case.
Besides IDFC and NHAI, MCD and Haryana have also joined as parties.
NHAI and DGSCL have been embroiled in a bitter legal battle ever since the former issued a termination notice to the latter over frequent complaints of inordinate delays at the toll plaza.
NHAI also found irregularities in the manner in which the DGSCL raised loans from IDFC and other financial institutions.
The court had in the past been informed that the earlier proposal of constructing a single toll plaza at 61 km was not accepted by the government and it will now be restricted to a single toll plaza at 42 km.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh