Delhi HC allows Vikas Yadav to attend brother`s wedding
New Delhi: Vikas Yadav, serving life term
along with his cousin Vishal Yadav, for killing MBA graduate
Nitish Katara in February 2002, was on Tuesday granted "custodial
parole" by the Delhi High Court to attend his younger
brother`s marriage ceremony on April 29.
A division bench of Justices AK Sikri and ML Mehta,
allowed Vikas to attend the wedding function from 6 pm on
April 29 till the completion of the ceremony by early hours
the following day.
"The wedding is to take place in Delhi. We allow
custodial parole and permit the appellant (Vikas) to attend the
marriage ceremony of his younger brother Kunal on April 29
under judicial custody from 6.00 pm till the completion of
ceremony -- early hours of April 30," the bench said.
The court permitted Vikas to meet whoever he desires
in the function during the permissible hours. It, however,
directed the police to ensure safe and secure surroundings.
Directing the police to accompany Vikas in plain
clothes throughout the function, the bench said, "While
permitting the appellant to move around and meet all those
whom he may desire during this period, the officials shall
ensure safe and secure surroundings."
The bench, however, declined to permit him to attend
two reception events organised by his family on May 1 and 6.
Vikas` plea seeking bail for three months to attend
the marriage scheduled for April 29 and other related
functions, was opposed by Delhi government`s standing counsel
Sanjeev Bhandari who suggested granting him a few hours of
parole to attend some of the important functions linked to
Earlier, on April 7, the bench had directed the Delhi
police to take Vikas under escort from 8 pm to 10 pm to attend
Kunal`s engagement ceremony on April 14 held in Hotel Hyatt
In May 2008, a city court had sentenced Vikas, 37, and
his cousin Vishal, 36, for killing Nitish Katara, son of an
According to the prosecution, Vikas and Vishal had
kidnapped Katara from a marriage party in Ghaziabad on the
night of February 16, 2002 and killed him as they were against
Katara`s intimacy with their sister Bharati Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks