Delhi HC asks Kejriwal for response on poll expenses
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday directed former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal to file a reply within two weeks on a plea seeking cancellation of his election for exceeding the expenditure limit in last December`s Assembly polls.
Justice Vipin Sanghi, granting two more weeks time to Kejriwal, posted the matter for March 17.
The court had earlier sought Kejriwal`s response on petitions by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders Vijender Gupta and Arti Mehra alleging that Kejriwal and former minister Somnath Bharti spent beyond the statutory limit of Rs 14 lakhs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Stem cells injection could ward off glaucoma
- Japan police search home of suspect in stabbing spree
- 5 affordable hatchbacks with first-in-class features –Check out
- Twitter's Android app makes night-time tweeting easy
- Chinese troops camp in Uttarakhand's Chamoli, PLA helicopter violates Indian airspace