Delhi HC asks Kejriwal for response on poll expenses
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday directed former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal to file a reply within two weeks on a plea seeking cancellation of his election for exceeding the expenditure limit in last December`s Assembly polls.
Justice Vipin Sanghi, granting two more weeks time to Kejriwal, posted the matter for March 17.
The court had earlier sought Kejriwal`s response on petitions by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders Vijender Gupta and Arti Mehra alleging that Kejriwal and former minister Somnath Bharti spent beyond the statutory limit of Rs 14 lakhs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Rumoured girlfriend Iulia Vantur to croon Salman Khan's 'Main Hoon Hero Tera'?
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more