Delhi HC asks MCD to submit inquiry report into ghost staff
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday
asked MCD to provide a copy of the inquiry report into an
alleged scam relating to ghost employees in the civic agency.
A Division Bench of Acting Chief Justice Madan B Lokur
and Justice Mukta Gupta sought within a month the report
prepared by a senior officer of MCD about the salary drawn by
more than 22,000 employees who did not exist in reality.
Appearing for the civic agency, the counsel said the
inquiry has recently concluded and needed more time to file
the report before the court.
The court was hearing a public interest petition filed
by Jagrook Welfare Society, an NGO, through counsel C.S.
Parashar seeking an inquiry by the Central Bureau of
Investigation (CBI) or an independent agency into the
allegation that MCD was paying salary to more than 22,000
gardeners and sweepers who existed as employees only on paper.
Besides a CBI enquiry, he also sought the court`s
direction for initiation of a departmental inquiry against the
guilty officers of MCD for their alleged involvement in the
The Court fixed April 28 for further hearing of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city