Delhi HC awards lifer to man who raped minor orphan
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday
sentenced a man to life imprisonment for raping a minor
destitute girl living in a women`s shelter home.
Observing that chilhood rape is "psychological time bomb"
for the victim, a bench headed by Justice A K Sikri said
sexual abuse of a child cannot be let off lightly and the
court should not take generous view against the rapist by
awarding lesser sentence.
The court refused to take a lenient view towards the
43-year-old accused, a father of four children, who had raped
a minor girl repeatedly resulting in her getting pregnant and
finally birth to a child.
"By his brutal acts, a minor girl of less than sixteen
years was made a mother by the appellant. Not only the
repeated acts of rape would be permanent scar on the victim,
becoming mother at this age is neither physically nor
psychologically feasible. It would, therefore, clearly be a
case of aggravated form of sexual assault," the court said
while dismissing the plea of accused Mohan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week