Delhi HC awards lifer to man who raped minor orphan
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday
sentenced a man to life imprisonment for raping a minor
destitute girl living in a women`s shelter home.
Observing that chilhood rape is "psychological time bomb"
for the victim, a bench headed by Justice A K Sikri said
sexual abuse of a child cannot be let off lightly and the
court should not take generous view against the rapist by
awarding lesser sentence.
The court refused to take a lenient view towards the
43-year-old accused, a father of four children, who had raped
a minor girl repeatedly resulting in her getting pregnant and
finally birth to a child.
"By his brutal acts, a minor girl of less than sixteen
years was made a mother by the appellant. Not only the
repeated acts of rape would be permanent scar on the victim,
becoming mother at this age is neither physically nor
psychologically feasible. It would, therefore, clearly be a
case of aggravated form of sexual assault," the court said
while dismissing the plea of accused Mohan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday