Delhi HC awards lifer to man who raped minor orphan
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday
sentenced a man to life imprisonment for raping a minor
destitute girl living in a women`s shelter home.
Observing that chilhood rape is "psychological time bomb"
for the victim, a bench headed by Justice A K Sikri said
sexual abuse of a child cannot be let off lightly and the
court should not take generous view against the rapist by
awarding lesser sentence.
The court refused to take a lenient view towards the
43-year-old accused, a father of four children, who had raped
a minor girl repeatedly resulting in her getting pregnant and
finally birth to a child.
"By his brutal acts, a minor girl of less than sixteen
years was made a mother by the appellant. Not only the
repeated acts of rape would be permanent scar on the victim,
becoming mother at this age is neither physically nor
psychologically feasible. It would, therefore, clearly be a
case of aggravated form of sexual assault," the court said
while dismissing the plea of accused Mohan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth