Delhi HC blast: 13 victims discharged; 2 critical
New Delhi: Thirteen victims of the Delhi
High Court blast were discharged in the last two days while 26
others continue to undergo treatment in different hospitals.
However, two patients admitted at the Ram Manohar Lohia
Hospital continue to remain critical and one underwent a leg
amputation yesterday, doctors said.
"We have discharged 13 patients in the last two days.
Surgeries of some victims are continuing and yesterday one
patient had undergone amputation of the left leg. Some victims
have also started showing up in the OPD for follow-up care,"
Dr Sunil Saxena, CMO of RML hospital, said.
42-year-old Harish Kumar, a resident of Azad market who
suffered difficult fractures in both legs was amputated in the
left leg yesterday. He is the fourth blast victim to have
undergone an amputation.
Information Commissioner, CIC, Shailesh Gandhi said,
"Harish Kumar is a persistent and consistent 42-year-old RTI
activist who has appeared before me as an appellant much over
100 times in various appeals. (He is) a good activist
concerned with exposing corruption and improving governance in
"He was injured in the Delhi bomb blast and fractured
both his legs. Just received a phone from his brother that his
left leg was amputated yesterday. I am very sad and
A doctor with the hospital said, "Two patients underwent
amputation immediately after admission. One patient who has
been sent to AIIMS also underwent amputation of the lower
limb. Yesterday another victim admitted with us was amputated
in the left leg. This is being done to save victims from
Besides 13 patients who are now admitted with the RML
hospital, four victims are undergoing treatment at Safdarjung
hospital, five at AIIMS, two at Max hospital and one each at
Moolchand and LNJP hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security