Delhi HC blast: Bail plea of approver dismissed
New Delhi: A special NIA court has dismissed the bail plea of Amir Abbas Dev, a co-accused-turned-approver in the September 2011 Delhi High Court blast case in which the lone arrested accused is facing trial.
During an in-chamber hearing, district judge I S Mehta denied the relief to Dev who had moved the court seeking bail on the ground that recording of his statement in the case has already been concluded, court sources said.
Dev, who was initially arrested by National Investigation Agency (NIA) in connection with the blast at the Delhi High Court`s reception on September 7, 2011 in which 15 people were killed, had later turned approver.
Wasim Akram Malik, the lone arrested accused, is facing trial in the case.
Dev had earlier given two statements before a magistrate under section 164 of the CrPC and both his testimonies had been placed before the special NIA court during his examination in the trial.
A statement recorded by a magistrate under section 164 of the CrPC binds a person and any subsequent deviation would make him liable for prosecution for the offence of perjury.
In his two statements, Dev had given details of conspiracy behind the blast at the High Court`s reception and had also stated about hatching of conspiracy and involvement of other accused in the blast.
The court had earlier framed charges against Malik under various provisions of the IPC, including that of waging war against India, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and the Explosive Substance Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof