New Delhi: A key accused in the terror attack at the Delhi High Court reception is willing to turn approver and has sought the trial court`s permission for it.
Amir Abbas Dev, chargesheeted by the NIA for his alleged role in the bomb explosion at the high court`s reception on September 7 last year, has moved the court of District Judge (DJ) H S Sharma saying that he should be made an approver in the case.
"The applicant Amir Abbas Dev may be considered for making him an approver in this case in the interest of justice," he said in his application to the court which is conducting an in-chamber proceedings in the terror bombing case.
According to the sources, National Investigation Agency (NIA) is likely to file its reply to Dev`s plea on May 1, the next date of hearing.
During the hearing today, the judge extended the judicial custody of Dev and co-accused Wasim Akram Malik till May 1.
The NIA had filed its charge sheet against six persons including three arrested accused - Wasim Akram Malik, Amir Abbas Dev and a minor, besides three others - Amir Kamal, Junaid Akram Malik and Shakir Hussain Seikh alias Chota Hafiz, who have been alleged to be the members of banned terror outfit Hizb-ul Mujahideen and are evading arrest.
The agency had said the September 7, 2011 terror attack at the Delhi High Court reception was plotted with an aim to get the death sentence of the December 2001 Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru commuted to life term.
The NIA, in its 1,062-page charge sheet, had said two Pakistani nationals Abu Bilal and Abu Saifullah had planted the bomb at the entrance of gate number five of the Delhi High Court, killing 17 persons and injuring over 90 others.