Delhi HC blast case: Accused willing to turn appro
New Delhi: A key accused in the terror attack at the Delhi High Court reception is willing to turn approver and has sought the trial court`s permission for it.
Amir Abbas Dev, chargesheeted by the NIA for his alleged role in the bomb explosion at the high court`s reception on September 7 last year, has moved the court of District Judge (DJ) H S Sharma saying that he should be made an approver in the case.
"The applicant Amir Abbas Dev may be considered for making him an approver in this case in the interest of justice," he said in his application to the court which is conducting an in-chamber proceedings in the terror bombing case.
According to the sources, National Investigation Agency (NIA) is likely to file its reply to Dev`s plea on May 1, the next date of hearing.
During the hearing today, the judge extended the judicial custody of Dev and co-accused Wasim Akram Malik till May 1.
The NIA had filed its charge sheet against six persons including three arrested accused - Wasim Akram Malik, Amir Abbas Dev and a minor, besides three others - Amir Kamal, Junaid Akram Malik and Shakir Hussain Seikh alias Chota Hafiz, who have been alleged to be the members of banned terror outfit Hizb-ul Mujahideen and are evading arrest.
The agency had said the September 7, 2011 terror attack at the Delhi High Court reception was plotted with an aim to get the death sentence of the December 2001 Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru commuted to life term.
The NIA, in its 1,062-page charge sheet, had said two Pakistani nationals Abu Bilal and Abu Saifullah had planted the bomb at the entrance of gate number five of the Delhi High Court, killing 17 persons and injuring over 90 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015