Delhi HC blast: Court extends JC of Amir Abbas Dev
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday extended till
February 13 the judicial custody of suspected terrorist Amir
Abbas Dev who was arrested for his alleged role in the
September 7 last year blast outside the Delhi High Court
Dev was produced before district judge HS Sharma during
an in-chamber hearing after expiry of his two-week judicial
The court extended the judicial custody of Dev after the
National Investigation Agency (NIA) said the probe in the case
was still going on, court sources said.
Another co-accused in the case Wasim Akram Malik, who is
currently in jail under judicial custody, would be produced
before the court tomorrow.
Dev, a native of Jammu and Kashmir, was arrested by the
NIA on the charge of sending terror e-mails to media groups
after the September 7 blast which killed 17 people and injured
over 90 others.
A magistrate had earlier recorded Dev`s statement under
Section 164 of the CrPC in an in-camera proceeding.
A statement recorded by a magistrate under section 164
of the CrPC bars the accused from resiling from it on his
depoitions during the trial and make him liable for
prosecution for perjury if he does so.
Regarding Malik, the probe agency had said that he was a
`key link` in the conspiracy behind the blast outside gate
number 5 of the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?