Delhi HC blast: Focus back on unsolved blast cases
New Delhi: The terror attack outside Delhi
High Court this morning brings back focus on the investigation
carried out by Delhi Police in unsolved cases of explosions in
the capital in the past six years.
Government has already handed over the case to National
Investigation Agency (NIA) within hours of the explosion,
which was a repeat of May 25 when a low-intensity blast rocked
the High Court.
Today`s blast is the first case of terror attack in Delhi
to be transferred to NIA, which was set up after the 2009
Mumbai terror attack case.
Police is yet to crack the May 25 explosion outside the
High Court though the Special Cell had questioned several
people. Investigators had recovered some nail-like shrapnel, a
battery-like object and ammonium nitrate from the spot,
sources said adding nails and bolts were packed and detonator
was attached to the timer.
Sources then said this pointed to the possible
involvement of Indian Mujahideen as the crude bomb had the
signature of the terror outfit`s methods.
Hot on the heels of the May 25 blast, a torn polythene
bag containing silver colour powder, pencil batteries and
wires discovered outside a women`s college today triggered a
security scare here.
Besides the May 25 explosion, police is yet to crack the
2006 blast in Jama Masjid, the 2008 Mehrauli blast or the last
year`s terror attack infront of Jama Masjid.
After the September 13, 2008 blasts which killed 26
people and injured around 70, Delhi had witnessed several
Fifteen days after the September 13 blasts, a low
intensity explosion killed a girl in Mehrauli.
A series of mysterious blasts near IIT in south Delhi
as also the Jama Masjid blast in 2006 and last year along with
the Mehrauli case remain unsolved.
Last year on September 19, suspected Indian Mujahideen
terrorists opened fire at a Taiwanese media crew infront of
Jama Masjid, injuring two of them.
Hours later, a pressure cooker and a crude circuit were
found in the car which exploded near Jama Masjid with police
initially claiming that it was not a terror attack despite
Indian Mujahideen claiming responsibility for it.
Police believe that the terror outfit hired some local
criminals to carry out the attack. However, there was no
forward movement in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof