Delhi HC blast: JC of 2 suspected terrorists extended
New Delhi: The judicial custody of two
suspected terrorists, Wasim Akram Malik and Amir Abbas Dev,
arrested by the NIA for their alleged roles in the terror
attack at the Delhi High Court reception last September, was
extended on Wednesday till April 18 by a court.
District Judge H S Sharma extended their custody in an
in-chamber hearing and listed the matter for April 18 for
scrutiny of documents, filed on March 13 by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) along with the charge sheet in the
case, court sources said.
The NIA had filed charge sheet against six persons
including three arrested accused - Wasim Akram Malik, Amir
Abbas Dev and a minor, besides three others - Amir Kamal,
Junaid Akram Malik and Shakir Hussain Seikh alias Chota Hafiz,
who have been alleged be the members of banned terror outfit
Hizb-ul Mujahideen and are evading arrest.
The agency had said the September 7, 2011 terror attack at
the high court reception was plotted with an aim to get
commuted the death sentence of the December 2001 Parliament
attack case convict Afzal Guru.
The NIA, in its 1,062-page charge sheet, had said two
Pakistani nationals Abu Bilal and Abu Saifullah had planted
the bomb at the entrance of gate number five of the Delhi High
Court, killing 17 persons and injuring over 90 others.
According to the charge sheet, the entire terror attack
was plotted between June and September last year at Kishtwar
in Jammu and Kashmir by Wasim Akram Malik and other co-accused
to "threaten the judiciary" and to get the death sentence of
Afzal Guru repealed.
It said process of proclamation against three absconding
accused has been initiated and a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh
each has been announced for giving information about them.
The charge sheet against the accused has been filed under
various sections of the IPC dealing with murder, criminal
conspiracy, waging war against the nation, attempt to murder,
causing grievous hurt and others.
Besides these, the accused have also been charged under
various sections of the Explosive Substances Act and the
Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
Detailing Wasim Akram Malik`s role, it had said he was a
student of MBBS at Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College and
Hospital in Bangladesh and his younger brother and co-accused
Junaid Akram Malik was an active member of Hizb-ul Mujahideen.
The agency, in its chargesheet, said Wasim had conducted
a recce of Delhi High Court area and his target for the blast
was gate number five.
Regarding other accused, the NIA said on September 3 last
year, Wasim and other co-accused had met Amir Abbas Dev at
Kishtwar and planned about the execution of the blast.
Along with the chargesheet, the NIA has submitted various
documents and a list of around 200 witnesses in the court.
Dev and Wasim are behind bars since their arrest by NIA
for their alleged roles in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo