Delhi HC blast: Judicial custody extended
New Delhi: The judicial custody of Wasim
Akram Malik, arrested for his alleged role in the blast
outside the Delhi High Court premises in September last year,
was on Tuesday extended by two weeks by a court here.
District Judge H S Sharma extended Malik`s judicial
custody till February 14 in an in-camera proceeding after the
National Investigation Agency (NIA) said the probe in the case
was going on, court sources said.
Sources said handwriting specimens of Malik was again
taken by a magistrate on Tuesday.
Earlier, the court had allowed the NIA`s plea to secure
handwriting specimens of Malik, a student of Unani medicine in
Bangladesh, after which he was produced before a magistrate.
The probe agency had dubbed Malik as a `key link` in the
conspiracy behind the blast outside gate number 5 of the Delhi
High Court which killed 17 persons and injured over 90.
The court had yesterday extended the judicial custody of
co-accused Amir Abbas Dev till February 13.
Dev, a Jammu and Kashmir native, was arrested by the NIA
for allegedly sending terror e-mails to media groups after the
September 7 blast last year.
A magistrate had earlier recorded Dev`s statement under
Section 164 of the CrPC in an in-camera proceeding.
A statement recorded by a magistrate under section 164
of the CrPC bars the accused from resiling from it on his
depositions during trial and makes him liable for prosecution
for perjury if he does so.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!