Delhi HC blast: Judicial custody extended
New Delhi: The judicial custody of Wasim
Akram Malik, arrested for his alleged role in the blast
outside the Delhi High Court premises in September last year,
was on Tuesday extended by two weeks by a court here.
District Judge H S Sharma extended Malik`s judicial
custody till February 14 in an in-camera proceeding after the
National Investigation Agency (NIA) said the probe in the case
was going on, court sources said.
Sources said handwriting specimens of Malik was again
taken by a magistrate on Tuesday.
Earlier, the court had allowed the NIA`s plea to secure
handwriting specimens of Malik, a student of Unani medicine in
Bangladesh, after which he was produced before a magistrate.
The probe agency had dubbed Malik as a `key link` in the
conspiracy behind the blast outside gate number 5 of the Delhi
High Court which killed 17 persons and injured over 90.
The court had yesterday extended the judicial custody of
co-accused Amir Abbas Dev till February 13.
Dev, a Jammu and Kashmir native, was arrested by the NIA
for allegedly sending terror e-mails to media groups after the
September 7 blast last year.
A magistrate had earlier recorded Dev`s statement under
Section 164 of the CrPC in an in-camera proceeding.
A statement recorded by a magistrate under section 164
of the CrPC bars the accused from resiling from it on his
depositions during trial and makes him liable for prosecution
for perjury if he does so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda