‘Delhi HC blast: Malik was influenced by Osama’
New Delhi: Wasim Akram Malik, the MBBS
student whom National Investigation Agency has dubbed as one
of the main orchestrators of Delhi High court bomb blast, was
allegedly influenced by dead al Qaeda Chief Osama Bin Laden
who gave up a lavish life-style for a life full of hardships
and austerity for a "Muslim cause".
According to a statement issued by the NIA, Malik came
close to terrorist group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) and his
Pakistani terrorist associates while he was studying in Jammu.
"Wasim always had strong feelings against the perceived
discrimination against the Muslims. He took to reading Jihadi
literature and books on problems of Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Wasim also read books and texts on internet on the al Qaeda
chief Osama Bin Laden (now killed) and Taliban`s spiritual
leader Omar Mullah Mohammad," NIA alleged.
The agency which filed its charge sheet in the blast case
today said Malik found Osama and Omar`s "immense contribution"
to be very impressive as they had "sacrificed their lavish
lifestyle for a Muslim cause" and spent the entire life full
of hardship and austerity.
The NIA said he also read a lot about Ayman al-Zawahiri,
an Egyptian doctor and current leader of al Qaeda.
"Being a doctor himself, Wasim identified with him and
`eulogized his contribution towards Jihad`", NIA alleged.
It claimed Malik believed in Jihad which if done with
dedication shall definitely bring about a change in the lives
of Kashmiri population.
According to the agency, Malik allegedly entered India in
June end, last year and did a reconnaissance of the Delhi High
Court area after which he chose gate number five as his target
as there was no parking area around it and IED attack could
cause maximum fatal causalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?