Delhi HC blast: Mobile phones seized from J&K
Jammu: Making some headway in its probe in the Delhi High Court blast case, National Investigation Agency has recovered three mobile phones from Jammu and Kishtwar
residence of a Kashmiri Medical student who is the main suspect in the case.
A team of NIA officials flew in a special aircraft to Jammu yesterday evening and seized two mobile phones from the house of Wasim Ahmed, a student of Unani medicine in
Bangaldesh, who has been arrested by the by the agency in connection with the blast, official sources said.
The team then left for Kishtwar in a helicopter and recovered another phone and some documents, they said.
The sources said agency is expecting a breakthrough in the case soon.
So far, Ahmed and suspected Hizbul Mujahideen operative Junaid Akram have emerged as prime conspirators of the High Court blast which killed 15 persons on September 7.
Ahmed was arrested from Indo-Bangla border in connection with the blast.
Of the three people arrested earlier by the NIA in, one has been let off.
From the leads emerging in the case so far, the investigators suspect that it could be the handiwork of Pakistan-based terror outfit Hizbul Mujahideen and not Harkat-ul-Jehad-Islami (HuJI) as believed earlier.
Information about Ahmed was given by Azhar Ali, an overground worker of Hizb, who is in Kotbalwal Jail in Jammu since 2009,the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!