Delhi HC blast: Mobile phones seized from J&K
Jammu: Making some headway in its probe in the Delhi High Court blast case, National Investigation Agency has recovered three mobile phones from Jammu and Kishtwar
residence of a Kashmiri Medical student who is the main suspect in the case.
A team of NIA officials flew in a special aircraft to Jammu yesterday evening and seized two mobile phones from the house of Wasim Ahmed, a student of Unani medicine in
Bangaldesh, who has been arrested by the by the agency in connection with the blast, official sources said.
The team then left for Kishtwar in a helicopter and recovered another phone and some documents, they said.
The sources said agency is expecting a breakthrough in the case soon.
So far, Ahmed and suspected Hizbul Mujahideen operative Junaid Akram have emerged as prime conspirators of the High Court blast which killed 15 persons on September 7.
Ahmed was arrested from Indo-Bangla border in connection with the blast.
Of the three people arrested earlier by the NIA in, one has been let off.
From the leads emerging in the case so far, the investigators suspect that it could be the handiwork of Pakistan-based terror outfit Hizbul Mujahideen and not Harkat-ul-Jehad-Islami (HuJI) as believed earlier.
Information about Ahmed was given by Azhar Ali, an overground worker of Hizb, who is in Kotbalwal Jail in Jammu since 2009,the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in BMC, but BJP gains lead in Pune