Delhi HC blast: Reward money raised to Rs 10 lakh

Last Updated: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 19:28

New Delhi: The NIA has raised to Rs 10 lakh
the reward money for anyone providing information on the Delhi
High Court blast even as the investigators suspect that clone
of a SIM card was used to send one of the emails claiming
responsibility for the last week`s terror strike.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA), which is probing
the case, has raised the reward from Rs five lakh to Rs 10
lakh to encourage people to share information about the
perpetrators of the blast with the investigators, official
sources said.

Though the NIA has detained several persons suspecting
their role in the blast or sending emails claiming
responsibility for it, no one has been arrested formally so
far as nothing incriminating has been found against anyone.

Sources said while tracking one of the four emails, the
investigators have found that a clone of a mobile phone SIM
card with Internet connection was used to send it, which
proved to be difficult for the investigators to reach the
actual sender of the mail.

"We have detained a person in West Bengal and he is being
brought to Delhi for questioning but he may not be the
actual sender of the email," a source said, indicating the
complexity of the case.
Despite help from the sleuths of the ATS of several
neighbouring states and the Delhi Police, the progress in the
case is slow so far but investigators believe that some
definite progress was expected in the next few days, sources
said.

PTI



First Published: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 19:28

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus