Delhi HC declines to stay AIEEE exam on May 11
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday refused
to stay the coming All India Entrance Examination (AIEEE)
re-scheduled for May 11 for the candidates who failed to
appear in it due to question paper leak on last Sunday.
A division bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice
Sanjiv Khanna rejected a plea for stay of the second phase of
the examination but issued a notice to the HRD Ministry and
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to file their
replies by May 18 on a batch of petitions seeking a direction
to the organisers to conduct a fresh examination for all the
The bench said in an order that the result of the
AIEEE-2011 would be subject to the outcome of the petitions.
A group of AIEEE candidates, who had appeared for the
exam after a delay of three hours due to question paper leak
on May 1, has approached the high court for cancellation
of the both the examinations (1st and 2nd phase) on the ground
that the students were compelled to give the exam under
adverse conditions and circumstances, which is violative of
Last Sunday, the examination, conducted by CBSE, was
delayed by three hours following a paper leak. The exam was
scheduled at 9.30 am but was rescheduled to begin at 12 noon
on the same day.
The question paper was reportedly being sold in the open
market in Lucknow and a man was arrested by Uttar Pradesh
Special Task Force.
The organisers have fixed another examination on May
11 only for those aspirants who were not able to appear on
Sunday and restrained the students who had already appeared in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre