Delhi HC dismisses plea against regularising illegal colonies
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday dismissed a plea questioning the power of the central government, Delhi government and Delhi Development Authority (DDA) to regularise the capital`s unauthorised colonies.
"We do not interfere with government decisions. No interim relief can be granted. Application dismissed," said a division bench of Acting Chief Justice AK Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw while refusing to stay the regularisation process.
The petition, filed by architect and town planner HR Suri, sought the court`s direction to the Delhi government stopping it from implementing its decision to regularise 917 unauthorised colonies in the national capital.
"Restrain all the respondents from making any declaration or pass any order or give any direction regarding regularisation of unauthorised colonies in the NCT (National Capital Territory) of Delhi in any manner and by any means during pendency of the petition," the petitioner said.
Standing counsel of Delhi government Nazmi Wajiri, however, told the court that "it was necessary to regularise the colonies and the government did so under the directive principles of state policy (of the Constitution)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25