Delhi HC gets first woman Chief Justice
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh High Court judge Justice Gorla Rohini on Monday became the first woman chief justice of the Delhi High Court.
Justice Rohini, was administered oath of office and allegiance by Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung.
She assumes charge of the Delhi High Court, 47 years after it was established in October 1966.
The new chief justice of the Delhi High Court fills in the post of Justice N.V. Ramana who had vacated it in February following his elevation as a judge of the SC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days