Delhi HC issues notice to Delhi Police on alleged LeT operative plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday sought a response from the city police on a petition by a suspected LeT operative challenging the trial court`s order allowing a plea of the police to take a voice sample of the accused.
Justice V P Vaish issued notice to Delhi Police seeking their response by May 23 on the plea filed by Rashid who was arrested from Mewat region of Haryana in December last year.
Advoacte M S Khan, who appeared for Rashid, argued in the court that there was no provision in the CrPC to take voice sample of an accused and the law is not settled on this issue.
Earlier, the trial court had allowed Delhi Police to take voice sample of Rashid after the investigators had claimed that Intelligence Bureau (IB) had intercepted conversations between Rashid and Javed Baluchi, a LeT terrorist currently based in Pakistan.
The police had also said that they have received the intercepted conversations between Rashid and Baluchi from IB and they need to take the voice sample of the accused to compare the two.
Rashid was arrested on December 16, 2013 in connection with the case while co-accused Shahid was arrested on December 7 last year after which police claimed to have busted a terror module of LeT which was at an "advanced stage" of planning a militant strike in Delhi.
Both the accused are now lodged in jail under judicial custody.
The police had arrested the duo in December last year and claimed they had met two persons in Muzaffarnagar region of UP after the riots there.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed