Delhi HC seeks Centre`s response on plea of two ex-Navy men
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Monday sought a response from the Centre and Yachting Association of India (YAI) on a plea seeking to allow two former Navy employees to participate in the selection trials of yachting.
Justice Manmohan issued a notice to the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and YAI and asked them reply within four weeks to the plea of former Navy men who have been taking part in competitive yachting.
The court, meanwhile, also directed the sports body to allow both the petitioners, Rajesh Somanath Dhulaji and Balraj Yadav, to participate in the selection process and posted the matter for hearing on July 14.
"Issue notice to Respondent no 1 and 2 and file a counter affidavit within four weeks," it said.
Dhulaji and Yadav have moved the court after they were barred by YAI from participating in the selection trials for national squad as their annual memberships had expired.
YAI had rejected their renewal pleas on the ground that "they have been indulging in conduct injurious to the character/interest", the petition said.
According to the provisions of the selection trials, any sports person was eligible to compete in national championships as long as he was a member of an affiliated club/class association.
The petition alleged the selection trial was being organised at Port Blair instead of Mumbai to ensure that some of the deserving candidates get eliminated.
The plea, filed through advocate Rahul Mehra, also seeks to ensure that Dhulaji and Yadav are admitted as members of YAI for the year 2014 on payment of requisite fee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj