Delhi HC stays inquiry, transfer of SSB Commandant
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday stayed the transfer of a Commandant of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and the departmental proceedings against him after taking note of his pleas that he has been victimised as his wife had opposed the allegedly obscene behaviour of a senior officer of the force.
The court also asked the Union Home Ministry and the Director General of SSB to file responses to the separate pleas of Commandant S K Sharma that not only an inquiry has been initiated against him but he has also been transferred.
Sharma was recently transferred from CTC Sapri to 38th Bn in Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh.
Granting interim relief, the court also asked the Home Ministry and the Director General of SSB to apprise it of actions taken so far on the complaints of his wife.
The spouse of Sharma had made several complaints against S Bandhopadhyay, Inspector General at SSB Academy in Srinagar, that she was being harassed during the posting of his husband at Gorakhpur unit, lawyer Rekha Palli said.
"It seems that the transfer of the petitioner was motivated one. Let respondents file their replies giving details of action taken on complaints of the wife of the petitioner," the court said and fixed the matter for hearing on September 12.
Besides seeking quashing of the order to initiate the inquiry, the petition also sought a fair probe into the complaints of Sharma`s wife.
It also said Sharma, who was promoted as Commandant, was posted to 11th Bn, SSB at Gorakhpur and where Inspector General S Bandhopadhyay was his neighbour.
"That while living in the house next to the petitioner, Respondent No.4 (Bandhopadhyay) started making un-solicited visits and phone calls to the petitioner`s house especially at times when the petitioner was away performing his duties at the borders," the petition alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city