Delhi HC stays nursery admission process
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday stayed the nursery admission process.
A division bench of Acting Chief Justice BD Ahmed and Justice Siddharth Mridul also stayed the fresh draw of lots in the nursery admission process for all seats.
"The draw of lots...shall not take place. No admission be made till next date of hearing," said the bench, posting the matter for March 24.
The bench was hearing an appeal filed by some parents challenging a March 6 single judge order asking the city government to conduct a fresh draw of lots in the nursery admission process for all seats. The judge had said all candidates with equal marks shall be considered equal by conducting a draw of lots.
The parents filing the appeal claimed that their wards were already declared selected for nursery admissions after the draw of lots and would have to repeat the process after the single judge`s order.
The dispute began after Lt Governor Najeeb Jung Feb 27 issued an order scrapping five points, out of 100 points, given to inter-state transfer cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win