Delhi HC stays nursery admission process
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday stayed the nursery admission process.
A division bench of Acting Chief Justice BD Ahmed and Justice Siddharth Mridul also stayed the fresh draw of lots in the nursery admission process for all seats.
"The draw of lots...shall not take place. No admission be made till next date of hearing," said the bench, posting the matter for March 24.
The bench was hearing an appeal filed by some parents challenging a March 6 single judge order asking the city government to conduct a fresh draw of lots in the nursery admission process for all seats. The judge had said all candidates with equal marks shall be considered equal by conducting a draw of lots.
The parents filing the appeal claimed that their wards were already declared selected for nursery admissions after the draw of lots and would have to repeat the process after the single judge`s order.
The dispute began after Lt Governor Najeeb Jung Feb 27 issued an order scrapping five points, out of 100 points, given to inter-state transfer cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!