Delhi HC summons DCP over illegal factories
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday summoned a senior police officer on a PIL accusing police of not taking action against factories allegedly running illegally in the city despite Supreme Court guidelines and sought a status report.
A bench of Chief Justice D Murugesan and Jayanth Nath summoned DCP East to appear before it on a PIL filed by M M Kashyap seeking directions to the various authorities to take action against the owners of illegal factories running within non-conforming area especially in Gandhi Nagar.
The petitioner has contended that he has been raising voice against such illegal activities in Gandhi Nagar area in East Delhi and facing threats but police have failed to act on his complaints.
"DCP to be present in person on the next date of hearing...," the bench said and also sought a status report while fixing the matter for May 24.
Kashyap in his plea said that the Supreme Court had issued guidelines on this issue earlier but the factory owners as well as the government authorities have failed to comply with them.
The petitioner sought a court direction to Delhi Jal Board and electricity department to stop supply to all industrial units running in non-conforming area in Gandhi Nagar.
He also sought direction to police for closure of such units.
"No step has been taken by the authorities for compliance of the Supreme Court guidelines in the residential area of Gandhi Nagar to close down the illegal industrial units," the PIL alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!