Delhi HC summons Defence Secretary
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday
summoned the Defence Secretary after he failed to file a reply to a machine tools manufacturing company`s plea for lifting of the Centre`s order putting on hold all its contracts on the ground that former Chairman of Ordinance Factory Board had an `extra contractual` dealing with the company.
Justice S Muralidhar today summoned the Secretary for
his personal presence on February 11 after the Centre
repeatedly failed to file a reply to a petition filed by one
M/s R K Machine Tools challenging the Defence Ministry`s order
which put on hold all contracts with the company in June 2009.
According to a petition, CBI had in May last year
registered a corruption case against Sudipto Ghosh, former
Chairman of Ordinance Factory Board, and it was alleged he had
awarded contracts to the company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’