Delhi HC upholds life sentence of man who raped his daughter
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Monday upheld the life sentence given by a lower court to a man, accused of raping his minor daughter, saying that he acted like a "predator and deserves no mercy".
Dismissing appeal of a Shahdara resident, a bench headed by Justice Kailash Gambhir said the case falls under the category of "heinous crime" and the appellant does not deserve any mercy from the court.
The bench upheld the trial court`s October 10, 2010 order and the findings against the man, and said,"a child feels most secure in the hands of father but the convict in this case behaved like a predator."
"The father should guard and protect the children in every situation, but the convict by his act behaved like predator," one of the lawyers related to the case said.
The court also took a stern view of the offence and said that the man had made his daughter victim of his lust and such an offence is liable for severe punishment.
Further, the court said that the prosecution was able to prove its case and the convict deserves no mercy.
According to prosecution, on March 6, 2009 the man had raped his 14-year-old daughter, and prior to the incident she was forced by him to watch objectionable CDs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof