Delhi heist case: Police detain two
New Delhi: Two people have been detained in connection with the Rs 7.69-crore heist here.
The detention comes after several teams of the Delhi Police raided Haryana`s Mewat, Rohtak, Sonipat and Panipat districts in search of the robbers.
Six people robbed Rs 7.69 crore in cash from the business partner and manager of a Delhi-Gurgaon-based businessman near Lajpat Nagar in south Delhi and hijacked the car in which he was going with four other employees on Tuesday.
Police found out that businessman Rajesh Kalra was arrested in 2000 for connection with bookies and was charged in the Hansie Cronje match-fixing case.
Police are also looking for the source of the looted amount.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster