Delhi heist case: Police detain two
New Delhi: Two people have been detained in connection with the Rs 7.69-crore heist here.
The detention comes after several teams of the Delhi Police raided Haryana`s Mewat, Rohtak, Sonipat and Panipat districts in search of the robbers.
Six people robbed Rs 7.69 crore in cash from the business partner and manager of a Delhi-Gurgaon-based businessman near Lajpat Nagar in south Delhi and hijacked the car in which he was going with four other employees on Tuesday.
Police found out that businessman Rajesh Kalra was arrested in 2000 for connection with bookies and was charged in the Hansie Cronje match-fixing case.
Police are also looking for the source of the looted amount.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids