Delhi heist case: Police detain two
New Delhi: Two people have been detained in connection with the Rs 7.69-crore heist here.
The detention comes after several teams of the Delhi Police raided Haryana`s Mewat, Rohtak, Sonipat and Panipat districts in search of the robbers.
Six people robbed Rs 7.69 crore in cash from the business partner and manager of a Delhi-Gurgaon-based businessman near Lajpat Nagar in south Delhi and hijacked the car in which he was going with four other employees on Tuesday.
Police found out that businessman Rajesh Kalra was arrested in 2000 for connection with bookies and was charged in the Hansie Cronje match-fixing case.
Police are also looking for the source of the looted amount.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog