Delhi heist case: Police detain two
New Delhi: Two people have been detained in connection with the Rs 7.69-crore heist here.
The detention comes after several teams of the Delhi Police raided Haryana`s Mewat, Rohtak, Sonipat and Panipat districts in search of the robbers.
Six people robbed Rs 7.69 crore in cash from the business partner and manager of a Delhi-Gurgaon-based businessman near Lajpat Nagar in south Delhi and hijacked the car in which he was going with four other employees on Tuesday.
Police found out that businessman Rajesh Kalra was arrested in 2000 for connection with bookies and was charged in the Hansie Cronje match-fixing case.
Police are also looking for the source of the looted amount.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!