Delhi High Court allows nursery admission process to begin
New Delhi: Ending the stalemate over the nursery admission process, the Delhi High Court Thursday allowed schools to begin admitting toddlers who have been selected in draw of lots.
A division bench of Acting Chief Justice BD Ahmed and Justice Sidharth Mridul however clarified that the admission process will not include the inter-state transfer category students as their case would be further heard on April 16.
In the meantime, the bench told the parents, whose kids have been selected in more than one school to choose a school by April 9, otherwise they will loose their chance to get admission in any of them.
"All those appellant (except inter-state transfer category parents) who have been selected in draw of lots till date in more than one school shall by April 9 choose one school. Thereby vacating the seats from other schools," the bench said.
It also order that till next date of hearing, no fresh draw of lot will be conducted by the schools.
The court order came while adjudicating the contentious issue of whether a fresh draw of lottery was necessary after the scrapping of the inter-state transfer points on Feb 27.
The court also directed the department of education to submit details of schools along with number of seats which remain vacant after Thursday`s order.
It said it will adjudicate on whether the remaining vacant seats could be allotted to inter-state transfer category, waitlist candidates or unselected children on the next date of hearing.
At present, 95-point system is followed for admissions -- 70 points are allocated to neighbourhood criteria, 20 to sibling and five under alumni category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!