Delhi High Court blast victim shifted to ICU
New Delhi: A man injured in the Delhi High
Court blast was shifted to the ICU this morning after his
Twenty-three-year-old Rashid Ali was shifted to the ICU
after he was operated upon for fracture in the arm.
"One of the main arteries was injured and we operated
upon it. Due to excess bleeding his health condition had
deteriorated. We shifted him to the ICU and he is responding
to treatment," a doctor with the hospital said.
With this, the number of people admitted to the trauma
ICU of Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital rose to two. Twenty-five
victims of the blast are undergoing treatment in different
city hospitals -- 12 in RML, five in AIIMS, four in
Safdarjung, two in Max and one each in Moolchand and LNJP.
However, the other victim admitted in the ICU -
58-year-old Rattan Lal -- has shown no signs of recovery.
"He is not responding well to the treatment. His BP is
low and he is on ventilation. Today, he expressed his desire
to meet his wife and son and we obliged it. We put him off the
tracheotomy for some time," the doctor said.
The explosion outside Gate No 5 at the high court on
September 7 left 14 dead and over 70 injured, many of them
with serious injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?