Delhi High Court blast victim shifted to ICU
New Delhi: A man injured in the Delhi High
Court blast was shifted to the ICU this morning after his
Twenty-three-year-old Rashid Ali was shifted to the ICU
after he was operated upon for fracture in the arm.
"One of the main arteries was injured and we operated
upon it. Due to excess bleeding his health condition had
deteriorated. We shifted him to the ICU and he is responding
to treatment," a doctor with the hospital said.
With this, the number of people admitted to the trauma
ICU of Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital rose to two. Twenty-five
victims of the blast are undergoing treatment in different
city hospitals -- 12 in RML, five in AIIMS, four in
Safdarjung, two in Max and one each in Moolchand and LNJP.
However, the other victim admitted in the ICU -
58-year-old Rattan Lal -- has shown no signs of recovery.
"He is not responding well to the treatment. His BP is
low and he is on ventilation. Today, he expressed his desire
to meet his wife and son and we obliged it. We put him off the
tracheotomy for some time," the doctor said.
The explosion outside Gate No 5 at the high court on
September 7 left 14 dead and over 70 injured, many of them
with serious injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway