Delhi High Court to get 49 more CCTV cameras
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday decided
to beef up its security by installing 49 more CCTV cameras,
besides the existing 21, at various strategic locations in and
around the court premises within three weeks.
A high-level meeting at the High Court, attended by
senior officials, including the Chief Secretary of Delhi
Government and the Special Police Commissioner (Law and
Order), decided to step up security by also installing four
vehicles` scanners at entry points of the court complex.
The decision to install CCTV cameras was taken following
a criticism that lack of such surveillance devices near the
reception counter, the blast site, have left the investigators
virtually with no clue about the terrorists who planted the
suitcase bomb that killed 12 persons and injured 76 others.
The meeting, which lasted for nearly two hours, was
presided by Chief Justice Dipak Misra, DK Sharma, Secretary
of the Delhi High Court Bar Association (DHCBA), said.
A decision to "de-congest" adjoining roads and areas near
the court premises has also been taken, Sharma said.
A senior official of the Sports Authority of India (SAI)
said in the meeting that it had enough CCTV cameras which were
meant for the 2010 Commonwealth Games and are now lying unused
and can be installed here, the DHCBA Secretary said.
Since the suitcase blast at the reception counter that
killed 12 persons and injured scores, a series of meetings are
being held at the High Court involving various officials of
different government agencies.
Chief Justice of India SH Kapadia had also visited the
blast site yesterday and held a meeting with bar leaders and
the judges of the High Court to discuss the security scenario.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog