Delhi High Court to get another woman judge
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court will have
one more woman judge with advocate Mukta Gupta, who is the
standing counsel for NCT government, all set to be sworn as
an Additional Judge on Friday.
With the appointment of Gupta, the number of women
judges in the Delhi High Court will go up to eight.
The government today came out with the notification for
appointment of Gupta as an Additional judge for two years.
Gupta, 48, has served as the standing counsel for Delhi
government for more than nine years during which she assisted
the senior advocate Gopal Subramanium, now Solicitor General,
in the December 13, 2001, Parliament attack case in the Delhi
High Court and the Supreme Court.
She was also part of the team of prosecutors in the
Priyadarshni Mattoo and Jessical Lal murder cases besides
handling important cases like attack on Red Fort, Nitish
Katara and Naina Sahani murder cases and the Batla house
She entered the legal profession in 1984 soon after
obtaining the LLB degree from Campus Law Centre of Delhi
University in 1983.
Gupta had qualified for the post of Additional District
and Sessions Judge in 2000 but she preferred not to join.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015