Delhi hospital functioning without AERB nod
New Delhi: The Atomic Energy Regulatory
Board has not given its clearance to a Delhi hospital despite
repeated reminders and the facility is using diagnostic
equipment containing radioactive materials.
Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences, which
specialises in mental healthcare of patients in northern
India, is yet to get an AERB Licence of Computed Tomography
(CT) unit that is already functioning there.
The 350-bedded hospital handles 1,200 patients daily.
Dr Zainab Zaidi, assistant director of National
Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers,
QCI, said, "Their CT scan facility is functioning without the
licence of CT unit from AERB. As per government of India rules
it is mandatory to register the Radiology and Imaging Centre
like CT scanners with Atomic Energy Regulatory Board for
radiological safety and radiation protection of occupational
workers, patients and public at large.
"This came to light when the hospital approached us for
the NABH accreditation. We found that AERB for CT scan is
pending as the facility is not yet inspected by the authority
concerned. This despite the hospital having requested them to
conduct the inspection of their CT scan facility."
Dr Nimesh G Desai, director of IBHAS, said, "It is over a
month`s time we had sent a request to AERB to come and check
our CT scan facility and give us accreditation. We have not
heard from them yet. Earlier they had pointed that we appoint
a Radiation Safety Officer. We did that and got back to them
immediately for accreditation and its over a month, their
inspectors are yet to come and check."
Despite repeated attempts, AERB officials were not
available for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly