Delhi house collapse: Contractor denied bail
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday rejected the
bail plea to a contractor, arrested for his alleged criminal
culpability in the September 2011 Chandni Mahal building
collapse which left seven people dead and 23 injured.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Manish
Yaduvanshi dismissed contractor Jallaludin`s bail plea,
rejecting his contention that the police had filed an
incomplete charge sheet and the probe in the matter was not
Dismissing his plea, the court said "the aspect of
further probe is the prerogative of the investigating agency"
and the report filed by the police could not be held as
incomplete for mere absence of site inspection report.
The court took note of a police inquiry report which had
said the tragedy could have been averted had its officials and
those of MCD were more vigilant.
It had also said departmental proceedings have been
ordered and contemplation order issued against Inspector
Satish Kain, the then SHO Chandni Mahal, ASI Shishpal and
Rohtash and four other police constables who were found
The inquiry report was filed in pursuance of December 31,
2011, order of a special CBI court which had sought a probe
into the role of local police and MCD officials in the Chandni
Mahal building collapse.
The special court had rejected his bail plea earlier
Jallaludin has been in judicial custody since October 23,
2011, while Saini is out on bail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?