Delhi ICU deaths: NHRC to seek report from authorities
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission on Wednesday took cognisance of the death of four persons in a hospital allegedly due to malfunctioning of an oxygen supply machine and decided to seek a report from authorities.
The Commission has decided to issue a notice to authorities concerned, including those in Delhi government, seeking a report from them, a senior NHRC official said.
"The NHRC has taken suo motu cognisance of media reports about the incident," he said.
Four critically ill patients died in Sushrut Trauma Centre in North Delhi allegedly due to malfunctioning of an oxygen supply machine.
Delhi Health Minister A K Walia ordered a probe into the incident. Special Secretary in Health department S B Shashank will head the inquiry committee, which has been asked to file its report by Friday.
Meanwhile, the BJP sought to put the city government on the mat and demanded a judicial inquiry into the deaths.
Addressing a press conference, Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta alleged that the condition of government hospitals is "very bad" and that the government is responsible for this situation.
"Here in Delhi, hospitals have become death beds. Oxygen mask has become a death mask... This not an ordinary case. We don`t believe in the inquiry by government. There should be a judicial probe," he said.
"We demand the immediate resignation of the Chief Minister and the Health Minister. We will issue a black paper in this case. We will not remain shut."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari