Delhi ICU deaths: NHRC to seek report from authorities
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission on Wednesday took cognisance of the death of four persons in a hospital allegedly due to malfunctioning of an oxygen supply machine and decided to seek a report from authorities.
The Commission has decided to issue a notice to authorities concerned, including those in Delhi government, seeking a report from them, a senior NHRC official said.
"The NHRC has taken suo motu cognisance of media reports about the incident," he said.
Four critically ill patients died in Sushrut Trauma Centre in North Delhi allegedly due to malfunctioning of an oxygen supply machine.
Delhi Health Minister A K Walia ordered a probe into the incident. Special Secretary in Health department S B Shashank will head the inquiry committee, which has been asked to file its report by Friday.
Meanwhile, the BJP sought to put the city government on the mat and demanded a judicial inquiry into the deaths.
Addressing a press conference, Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta alleged that the condition of government hospitals is "very bad" and that the government is responsible for this situation.
"Here in Delhi, hospitals have become death beds. Oxygen mask has become a death mask... This not an ordinary case. We don`t believe in the inquiry by government. There should be a judicial probe," he said.
"We demand the immediate resignation of the Chief Minister and the Health Minister. We will issue a black paper in this case. We will not remain shut."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks