Delhi is now one of the best cities in the world, claims CM
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
on Saturday claimed to have transformed Delhi into a truly global
city saying that the national capital is now rated among the
best cities in the world.
"In the last few years the entire look of the city has
changed. Delhi is now counted in the category of one of the
best cities in the world," she said after laying foundation of
a 220 KV electricity sub station in Rohini.
While appreciating the power companies for enhancing
distribution network, Dikshit said power sector has shown
significant improvement in the last few years.
She said Delhi Transco Ltd, which looks after the power
transmission network, has strengthened its infrastructure
keeping pace with overall growth of the city.
Presently government-run DTL has twenty-five 220 KV and
three 400 KV sub-stations. A number of sub-stations are under
Keeping in view the further load requirement of the city,
DTL has planned to set up few more sub-stations for the city,
With the establishment of the sub-station in Rohini, the
power supply in North-West Delhi is likely to improve
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts