Delhi is now one of the best cities in the world, claims CM
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
on Saturday claimed to have transformed Delhi into a truly global
city saying that the national capital is now rated among the
best cities in the world.
"In the last few years the entire look of the city has
changed. Delhi is now counted in the category of one of the
best cities in the world," she said after laying foundation of
a 220 KV electricity sub station in Rohini.
While appreciating the power companies for enhancing
distribution network, Dikshit said power sector has shown
significant improvement in the last few years.
She said Delhi Transco Ltd, which looks after the power
transmission network, has strengthened its infrastructure
keeping pace with overall growth of the city.
Presently government-run DTL has twenty-five 220 KV and
three 400 KV sub-stations. A number of sub-stations are under
Keeping in view the further load requirement of the city,
DTL has planned to set up few more sub-stations for the city,
With the establishment of the sub-station in Rohini, the
power supply in North-West Delhi is likely to improve
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion