Delhi Jal Board shuts down waterlines in Chattarpur
New Delhi: Following death of a kid
allegedly due to consumption of polluted water in Chattarpur
area, the Delhi Jal Board has shut down waterlines there as a
precautionary measure and sent water samples for lab test.
However, a DJB spokesperson said the child`s death was
not caused by potable water but ice candy which was perhaps
prepared of contaminated water.
"However as a preventive step, the waterlines have
been shutdown and water distribution is being carried out
through tankers in Chandan Hola Village of Chhattarpur. We
have also collected samples of water from the area for testing
in our labs," she said.
However, the BJP Delhi Pradesh General Secretary
Ramesh Bidhuri claimed that two children had died and other
two children were in serious condition after drinking polluted
water in the Village.
Besides this 35 to 40 children and women have been
admitted to Safdarjang hospital, Banerjee Hospital and Mission
Hospital, he said adding that there is no supply for pure
drinking water and people have to depend upon the tankers of
the Delhi Jal Board for the supply of the drinking water.
The BJP legislator also attacked the Delhi Government
for failing to provide sewer facility in the villages and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state