Delhi L-G reviews power situation, orders no supply to malls after 10 pm
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: As the people in the national capital suffer from long power cuts, Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung review the power situation on Sunday. Holding a meeting on the power crisis in Delhi, Jung said that there will be no power supply to malls after 10 pm.
The L-G also ordered government offices to switch off air conditioners between 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm and asked the power distribution companies to inform when there`s less supply.
With Delhi reeling under massive heatwave, Jung had earlier this week said that the Delhiites may face planned blackouts in the coming week.
He said the repairs on the power infrastructure, which was damaged in the thunderstorm last week, were bound to take more time. “Before the storm struck, we were generating about 5,000 MW of electricity, which was reduced to 1,000 MW (due to the storm),” Jung had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday