Delhi Lokayukta recommends issuing advisory to Okhla MLA Khan
New Delhi: Delhi Lokayukta today recommended to Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna issuing an advisory to Okhla MLA Asif Mohammad Khan holding him guilty of flouting rules and benefiting from unauthorised construction.
The recommendation by Justice Manmohan Sarin against the RJD MLA came in the aftermath of an inquiry by the anti- corruption watchdog on the basis of information submitted to it by former councillor Preeti Behn regarding unauthorised constructions in properties owned by a number of `public functionaries`.
In his order, the Lokayukta said Khan`s wife purchased a property at Paschimi Zakir Nagar in Okhla which is an unauthorised colony. The property had unauthorised construction and the MLA had approached the municipal authorities for its regularisation.
"It is also recommended to the Lt Governor, under Sec 16 of the Delhi Lokayukta and Upa Lokayukta Act that an `advisory` be issued to `public functionary` reminding him of his sacrosanct duty as `public functionary` to abide by the norms of integrity and conduct which places on `public functionaries` a burden higher than that of an ordinary citizen to comply with requirements of law," the Lokayukta said.
"Public functionaries should avoid acquisition and purchase of properties or being in beneficial enjoyment thereof when it involves violation of municipal bye-laws or where adherence to municipal bye-laws is not feasible on account of such properties being located in unauthorised colonies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok