Delhi Lokayukta recommends issuing advisory to Okhla MLA Khan
New Delhi: Delhi Lokayukta today recommended to Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna issuing an advisory to Okhla MLA Asif Mohammad Khan holding him guilty of flouting rules and benefiting from unauthorised construction.
The recommendation by Justice Manmohan Sarin against the RJD MLA came in the aftermath of an inquiry by the anti- corruption watchdog on the basis of information submitted to it by former councillor Preeti Behn regarding unauthorised constructions in properties owned by a number of `public functionaries`.
In his order, the Lokayukta said Khan`s wife purchased a property at Paschimi Zakir Nagar in Okhla which is an unauthorised colony. The property had unauthorised construction and the MLA had approached the municipal authorities for its regularisation.
"It is also recommended to the Lt Governor, under Sec 16 of the Delhi Lokayukta and Upa Lokayukta Act that an `advisory` be issued to `public functionary` reminding him of his sacrosanct duty as `public functionary` to abide by the norms of integrity and conduct which places on `public functionaries` a burden higher than that of an ordinary citizen to comply with requirements of law," the Lokayukta said.
"Public functionaries should avoid acquisition and purchase of properties or being in beneficial enjoyment thereof when it involves violation of municipal bye-laws or where adherence to municipal bye-laws is not feasible on account of such properties being located in unauthorised colonies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030