Delhi Lokayukta recommends issuing advisory to Okhla MLA Khan
New Delhi: Delhi Lokayukta today recommended to Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna issuing an advisory to Okhla MLA Asif Mohammad Khan holding him guilty of flouting rules and benefiting from unauthorised construction.
The recommendation by Justice Manmohan Sarin against the RJD MLA came in the aftermath of an inquiry by the anti- corruption watchdog on the basis of information submitted to it by former councillor Preeti Behn regarding unauthorised constructions in properties owned by a number of `public functionaries`.
In his order, the Lokayukta said Khan`s wife purchased a property at Paschimi Zakir Nagar in Okhla which is an unauthorised colony. The property had unauthorised construction and the MLA had approached the municipal authorities for its regularisation.
"It is also recommended to the Lt Governor, under Sec 16 of the Delhi Lokayukta and Upa Lokayukta Act that an `advisory` be issued to `public functionary` reminding him of his sacrosanct duty as `public functionary` to abide by the norms of integrity and conduct which places on `public functionaries` a burden higher than that of an ordinary citizen to comply with requirements of law," the Lokayukta said.
"Public functionaries should avoid acquisition and purchase of properties or being in beneficial enjoyment thereof when it involves violation of municipal bye-laws or where adherence to municipal bye-laws is not feasible on account of such properties being located in unauthorised colonies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days