Delhi: LPG to cost Rs 40 less for BPL families
New Delhi: LPG cylinders in Delhi will cost
Rs 40 less for BPL and Antyodaya families and diesel 37 paise
less for all, according to a city government decision aimed at
providing relief from the recent hike prices of oil products.
Diesel will now cost Rs 40.75 a litre in Delhi for all
consumers while LPG will be priced at Rs 355.35 per cylinder
for families covered under BPL and Antyodaya schemes.
Delhi has become the third state after West Bengal and
Haryana to announce reduction in prices of oil products.
"The LPG cylinder will cost Rs 40 less for BPL and
Antyodaya while diesel will cost 37 paise less per litre,"
Delhi Chief Minister Dikshit told reporters after a Cabinet
Diesel cost Rs 41.72 after the last hike of Rs 3 a litre
announced by the Centre, while domestic LPG price went up by
Rs 50 a cylinder and kerosene by Rs two a litre.
However, consumers in the national capital not in the BPL
and Antyodaya scheme will have to shell out Rs 395.45 for an
LPG cylinder after the latest hike.
Under attack from all sides for raising the price of fuel,
Congress had on Saturday asked party-ruled states to reduce
taxes on petroleum products to give a reprieve to the common
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced
withdrawal sales tax on cooking gas to partially neutralise
the impact of the price hike. The decision would reduce the
price of a cylinder of LPG by Rs 16 in West Bengal.
Haryana yesterday stepped in to reduce the impact of the
latest hike in prices of cooking gas and diesel on the common
man by announcing a waiver of the 5 per cent VAT on kerosene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre