Delhi maid assault: Court rejects employer’s bail plea
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The bail plea of 50-year-old Vandana Dhir, accused of torturing her teenage domestic help, was rejected by a Delhi court on Monday.
Dhir had been accused of assaulting her domestic help by allegedly beating her and burning her with a hot girdle. She was also forced to drink her urine and kept her in the house in a semi-naked condition in her Vasant Kunj house, the victim has claimed.
The domestic help had earlier recorded her statement under section 164 of the CrPC that she was subjected to extreme torture by her employer Vandana Dhir.
She has alleged that Dhir used to continuously beat her and she was not paid any money for her services as a maid in her house, according to sources.
They said the victim had told the magistrate that she was not allowed to use the washroom and the accused used to beat her.
She was not even given proper food by her employer, they said.
he has also said that no guests used to come to Dhir`s house and she was forced to clean the area outside the house in a semi-naked condition.
Police have arrested Dhir and Dorothy, the placement agent through which the victim was employed as a maid in Dhir`s house, and both are presently in judicial custody.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'