Delhi: Man arrested with heroin worth Rs 2 cr
New Delhi: One person has been arrested with two kgs of heroin worth Rs two crore in the international market, police said Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police arrested Sanjeev Dixit, a resident of Vasundhara in Ghaziabad, when he came to deliver a consignment of the contraband in Palla village this morning, they said. Two kgs of fine quality heroin was recovered from him.
"Dixit used to supply heroin in the areas of Delhi and Uttar Pradesh after procuring the same from Mandasaur in Madhya Pradesh," DCP (Crime and Railways) S B S Tyagi said.
The officer said Dixit during interrogation confessed that he was in this business from 2004.
In 2009, Dixit was arrested by Narcotics Cell of the Crime Branch but he managed to get bail and came back to the illegal business.
"He used to procure the heroin from one Shyam Lal of Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh and yesterday, he had come to deliver a consignment of two kgs of heroin to someone but was caught red handed," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you