Delhi: Man arrested with heroin worth Rs 2 cr
New Delhi: One person has been arrested with two kgs of heroin worth Rs two crore in the international market, police said Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police arrested Sanjeev Dixit, a resident of Vasundhara in Ghaziabad, when he came to deliver a consignment of the contraband in Palla village this morning, they said. Two kgs of fine quality heroin was recovered from him.
"Dixit used to supply heroin in the areas of Delhi and Uttar Pradesh after procuring the same from Mandasaur in Madhya Pradesh," DCP (Crime and Railways) S B S Tyagi said.
The officer said Dixit during interrogation confessed that he was in this business from 2004.
In 2009, Dixit was arrested by Narcotics Cell of the Crime Branch but he managed to get bail and came back to the illegal business.
"He used to procure the heroin from one Shyam Lal of Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh and yesterday, he had come to deliver a consignment of two kgs of heroin to someone but was caught red handed," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO to launch weather satellite next month
- WATCH: Mohammad Amir dismisses England's Alex Hales with an absolute peach of a delivery
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch
- Unbelievable! This son of a billionaire works as aam aadmi
- Fresh clashes in Kashmir; one youth killed in firing, death toll rises to 45