Delhi man held for attempt to rape sent to custody
New Delhi: A man arrested for attempting to rape a class XI girl and shoving an iron rod into her mouth, was on Wednesday remanded again in 14 days of judicial custody by a Delhi court.
Anil Kumar, 25, who was taken into custody for attempting to rape and murder the girl after trespassing into her house in south Delhi on the night of February 4, was produced after the expiry of his earlier remand before Metropolitan Magistrate Amitabh Rawat.
"On the request of the police, the accused (Anil) is remanded in another 14 days of judicial custody. He be produced on April 2," the court said.
Kumar, working with a local power distribution company, was arrested on February 5 after a case was lodged against him by family members of the girl.
On the fateful day, Kumar had come to the house of the girl to collect monthly electricity dues. Since the girl knew Kumar, she let him inside her house in Lajpat Nagar.
After coming to know that the girl was alone in her house, Kumar tried to force himself on her and assaulted her when she resisted, police had told the court.
Kumar inserted a rod into her mouth when she shouted for help and resisted his attempt to rape her, they said.
She sustained severe injuries in her mouth and the attempted strangulation had left bruises all around her neck, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?