`Delhi Master Plan to be revised next year`
New Delhi: The Master Plan of Delhi-2021,
implemented in 2007, is going to be revised next year taking
into account the possible urban growth in future and the
"ground reality", including the fate of markets existing in
the capital for several years.
"The process for changes in Master Plan of Delhi is
already on as there are provisions in the MPD to review it
after five years. My view is that MPD should take into
considerations the ground reality before the finalisation,"
Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath said, while inaugurating
the first automated car park here.
The MPD-2021 was implemented in February 2007.
Nath said there are markets which are existing since long
which cannot be done away with in the Master Plan.
"Those markets which are existing since last 40 or 50
years... it is wrong for any Master Plan to describe that
these markets cannot exist," he said.
Besides, the National Capital Territory of Delhi Laws
(Special provision) Act, known as Delhi Special Laws, is also
to be extended next year to prevent demolition of several
residential and commercial establishments in the capital.
Referring to the Delhi Special Laws, he said, "The
government would extend it further."
Delhi Special Laws enacted in 2008, was extended in
2009, 2010 and 2011.
Slamming the present MPD, the minister said, "If the
Master Plan had been correctly made then those illegal
constructions in the last 50 years would not have been there".
"Drawing the Master Plan in the office is different from
the ground reality," Nath added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof