Delhi Mayor elections from April 30
New Delhi: Elections for the post of Mayors and Standing Committee members to the three newly constituted municipal corporations in Delhi will start from April 30.
The elections to the North Delhi Corporation will be held at the Civic Centre on April 30 while it will be held next day in East Delhi Corporation at Udyog Sadan in Patparganj Industrial Area.
South Delhi Corporation will conduct the elections on May 2 at Civic Centre.
The elections will be held for the post of Mayor, Deputy Mayor and six Standing Committee members.
"Nominations for all these posts can be filed till April 26 in the office of municipal secretary of the respective corporation. Name can be withdrawn any time before commencement of the elections for the respective post," a statement said.
BJP is likely to romp home comfortable in North and East Delhi corporations as the party has enough numbers to elect a Mayor and Deputy Mayor.
However, in South Delhi Corporation, the party does not have a majority on its own though they have managed to enlist the support of at least nine councillors.
BJP is likely to nominate Rajni Abbi for the post of Mayor in North Delhi while Usha Shastri is the front runner for the post in East Delhi Corporation.
The party may also zero in on councillor Sarita Chaudhary as its candidate for the post Mayor in South Delhi Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today
- Kashmir unrest: J&K delegation meets PM Modi; seeks immediate ban on pellet gun
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs