Delhi Metro bag contract in Indonesia
New Delhi: Spreading its wings across the country`s border, the city’s pride Delhi Metro has bagged the work of Management Consulting Services for building the Phase- I of Jakarta Mass Rapid System in Indonesia.
This is the first time that Delhi Metro has got a project outside the country since its inception in 1997.
Delhi Metro has been awarded the work in a joint venture with eight other international companies.
"The main responsibilities of DMRC in this joint venture will be the finalisation of the organisational structure of the Jakarta Metro, recruitment of personnel, development of training facilities and the training of the employees for various categories required for commencing the operations," DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
The DMRC had also prepared the Special Assistance on Project Implementation (SAPI) study for the Jakarta Mass Rapid Transit system.
Besides, DMRC is also trying to bag similar projects in various upcoming Metro projects of Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Israel.
Delhi Metro is also acting as the consultant for all major Metro projects in the country including Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru and Kolkata.
It is also carrying out the construction work of a 9.25 kilometre long Metro corridor in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?