Delhi Metro bag contract in Indonesia
New Delhi: Spreading its wings across the country`s border, the city’s pride Delhi Metro has bagged the work of Management Consulting Services for building the Phase- I of Jakarta Mass Rapid System in Indonesia.
This is the first time that Delhi Metro has got a project outside the country since its inception in 1997.
Delhi Metro has been awarded the work in a joint venture with eight other international companies.
"The main responsibilities of DMRC in this joint venture will be the finalisation of the organisational structure of the Jakarta Metro, recruitment of personnel, development of training facilities and the training of the employees for various categories required for commencing the operations," DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
The DMRC had also prepared the Special Assistance on Project Implementation (SAPI) study for the Jakarta Mass Rapid Transit system.
Besides, DMRC is also trying to bag similar projects in various upcoming Metro projects of Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Israel.
Delhi Metro is also acting as the consultant for all major Metro projects in the country including Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru and Kolkata.
It is also carrying out the construction work of a 9.25 kilometre long Metro corridor in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof