Delhi Metro commuters can now hope for better mobile signals
New Delhi: Metro commuters battling with poor mobile network connectivity may finally have a reason to smile.
To ensure better mobile signals, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation will soon have more BTS/cellular towers on various metro stations.
The Delhi Metro will provide bare spaces on licence basis for placement and operation of telecommunication equipment for mobile signal enhancement at the various sites in Metro Corridor stations as per the latest guidelines of Directorate of Telecommunications, TRAI, TERM among others.
In order to enhance standards and achieve new milestones in telecommunications, the DMRC floated tenders inviting companies for allotment of space for installation of BTS/ cellular towers on various stations. The tenure of the licensing of space will be six years.
The average ridership of Delhi Metro daily is 20 lakh and the trains are installed with state-of-art communication system at all metro stations as well as trains, which is introduced in the country for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video