Delhi Metro commuters can now hope for better mobile signals
New Delhi: Metro commuters battling with poor mobile network connectivity may finally have a reason to smile.
To ensure better mobile signals, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation will soon have more BTS/cellular towers on various metro stations.
The Delhi Metro will provide bare spaces on licence basis for placement and operation of telecommunication equipment for mobile signal enhancement at the various sites in Metro Corridor stations as per the latest guidelines of Directorate of Telecommunications, TRAI, TERM among others.
In order to enhance standards and achieve new milestones in telecommunications, the DMRC floated tenders inviting companies for allotment of space for installation of BTS/ cellular towers on various stations. The tenure of the licensing of space will be six years.
The average ridership of Delhi Metro daily is 20 lakh and the trains are installed with state-of-art communication system at all metro stations as well as trains, which is introduced in the country for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey