Delhi Metro commuters can now hope for better mobile signals
New Delhi: Metro commuters battling with poor mobile network connectivity may finally have a reason to smile.
To ensure better mobile signals, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation will soon have more BTS/cellular towers on various metro stations.
The Delhi Metro will provide bare spaces on licence basis for placement and operation of telecommunication equipment for mobile signal enhancement at the various sites in Metro Corridor stations as per the latest guidelines of Directorate of Telecommunications, TRAI, TERM among others.
In order to enhance standards and achieve new milestones in telecommunications, the DMRC floated tenders inviting companies for allotment of space for installation of BTS/ cellular towers on various stations. The tenure of the licensing of space will be six years.
The average ridership of Delhi Metro daily is 20 lakh and the trains are installed with state-of-art communication system at all metro stations as well as trains, which is introduced in the country for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof