Delhi Metro commuters can now hope for better mobile signals
New Delhi: Metro commuters battling with poor mobile network connectivity may finally have a reason to smile.
To ensure better mobile signals, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation will soon have more BTS/cellular towers on various metro stations.
The Delhi Metro will provide bare spaces on licence basis for placement and operation of telecommunication equipment for mobile signal enhancement at the various sites in Metro Corridor stations as per the latest guidelines of Directorate of Telecommunications, TRAI, TERM among others.
In order to enhance standards and achieve new milestones in telecommunications, the DMRC floated tenders inviting companies for allotment of space for installation of BTS/ cellular towers on various stations. The tenure of the licensing of space will be six years.
The average ridership of Delhi Metro daily is 20 lakh and the trains are installed with state-of-art communication system at all metro stations as well as trains, which is introduced in the country for the first time.
- Uttarakhand Speaker rejects disqualification of rebel BJP MLA
- US says Iraq's PM in ''strong position'' amid political unrest
- US Navy chief hopes for `normalization` with Russia in Baltic
- Turkey says Gaziantep attacker linked to IS
- US Presidential polls: Donald Trump looks to smother Ted Cruz as Indiana votes today