Delhi Metro commuters continue to face hardships
New Delhi: For the second consecutive day,
Metro commuters continued to face hardships due to maintenance
of Over-Head Electrification (OHE) on the busy Vaishali line
leading to delay in train services through the day.
Frequency of train services were reduced to 15 minutes
initially and later 10 minutes from the normal 5 minutes
between Vaishali and Anand Vihar Metro Stations on the Dwarka
Sec-21-Vaishali corridor this morning.
"The frequency was reduced due to maintenance work in OHE
between Anand Vihar and Vaishali. The frequency in the morning
was 15 minutes and it was brought down to 10 minutes later in
the day," a Delhi Metro spokesman said.
This resulted in delay of trains and some passengers
complained that the frequency of services were more than 20
Some commuters also came to Anand Vihar station to take a
Metro. However, train services from Anand Vihar to Dwarka
Sec-21 were normal.
Metro officials said feeder bus services were arranged for
commuters from Anand Vihar for them to reach Vaishali.
Services between Anand Vihar and Vaishali will suspended at 10
PM tonight as against the normal time of 11 PM.
The delays came a day after services on the Dwarka-Noida
Line were affected last night due to a problem in the OHE,
which transmits electrical energy to run the trains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days